Initial assessment session
- The initial consultation session is FREE (lasts approximately 30min) with no obligation to continue. This initial assessment provides an opportunity for you to talk about your difficulties, and for you and I to decide whether counselling is the right step for you. Practical issues such as timing, costs and the duration of counselling can also be discussed. If you decide to proceed, you will be offered a regular appointment.
Counselling or Psychotherapy session last up to 50 minutes and are usually weekly, although sometimes an agreement is reached to meet more or less frequently.
- I try to provide counselling and psychotherapy at a cost which makes it available to all who need it. A fixed fee is charged for the regular session. Concessions are available to students and those on low incomes (fee to be agreed on application).
My counselling fees are:
* Initial consultation session: FREE
* Subsequent sessions: £40
* Concessionary prices are available upon request for the following groups - Students, Pensioners and Low-income earners/unemployed.
* Payment is accepted by cash or cheque at the end of each counselling session.
- Please note that 24 hours’ notice must be given for cancellations. If you give less than 24 hours' notice you will be charged half of the fee for that session; if you miss an appointment without letting me know, you will be charged the full fee. I need to make these charges because I will be unable to fill the appointment slot at short notice and will have incurred costs.